This page contains information about travelling to and from Skopelos.
There are varied ways to get to Skopelos.
- There are flight’s to Skiathos ( the most direct ).
- And flight’s to Volos, Athens or Thessaloniki (mostly the cheap company’s).
- And charters with a package or only tickets. But very expensive.
When you fly to Athens you can do the next things;
- You can take a plane to Skiathos and a ferry to Skopelos.
- Take a taxi to the trainstation and take the train to Volos and from there a taxi to the ferry to Skopelos
- Take a taxi to the Athens busstation en go with the bus to Volos busstation and ferry to Skopelos
When you fly to Thessaloniki you can do the next things;
- Take a taxi to the trainstation and take the train to Volos from there a taxi to the ferry to Skopelos
- Take a taxi to the Thessaloniki busstation en go with the bus to Volos busstation and ferry to Skopelos
- You can take the fastferry Cat5 straight to Skopelos. See the timetable . Do know that the ferry will go early. So a night in Thessaloniki is recommended. A good stay is the plaza hotel. It’s about 900 meters walking to the port.
When you fly to Volos or Skiathos you have to take a taxi to the harbor port. The prices for the taxi in Volos lies between €20.– and €30.–. In Skiathos it will be around €8.–. At the harbor port there you can buy a ticket for the ferry.
A cheaper way is to order you’re ferry ticket at go-ferry.com that will be between € 5.– and € 20.– euro less. And sometimes there are sale tickets. If you have bought a ticket for the Cat? Know that you have to be on time or otherwise they resell your ticket. Confirmation at the port for the ferry cat is the best. Both ticket offices are just near the depart place of the ferry.
During low season there are less ways to go to Skopelos. The best options are;
- Take a plane to Athens and take a flight to Skiathos for around €65.– with Aegean air. There are no daily flight’s but a schedule is given so you can order your tickets.
- Take plane to Athens and go by bus for around € 20.– to Volos. To catch the ferry on time in Volos you have to take the bus from around 8.00 a clock. If you can make a reservation for the bus do so because the bus to Volos is very busy.
- A overnight stay in Athens is almost all the time a must. Find your hotel on booking.com and make your choice.
- If you decided to take a overnight in Volos look for a hotel at the harbor front also on booking.com
- To take the ferry from Volos look at Ferries. Notice that there are only two ferries a day.
If you come to Skopelos by car the best way is to drive to Ancona and take the ferry to the main land and drive to Volos. There are two ferry compagnies Pick the best one for you and have a save trip.